Re: FAQ URL malfunction

Malcolm Austen

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 23:21:20 +0100, West Coast CompaƱeros Staff <westcoastcompaneros@...> wrote:

It would be helpful if someone else could verify what I'm reporting. It may be a Mac thing. In any case, I think the problem would go away if the source document were edited so that the URL used the equal sign (=} itself rather than the %253D encoding. Also, introducing the line break before the URL would be a cosmetic improvement.

No, it's not a Mac thing. The PDF generation is overdoing things by encoding the % in %3D as %25.

I, too, am unclear why the source document doesn't just use '=' - as it is being used for it's proper meaning as a special character in a URL, it doesn't seem to need encoding.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>