Re: Phishing emails #suggestion

Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...>

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 06:18 PM, Nina E wrote:
I added an ! Important note to Understanding Groups.io accounts > Overview in the Members Manual.
Nina (and Christos) -- I'm concerned about the wording here.

Every account in NC status is sent an email with a link in it to confirm/authenticate their account. Same with bounce probes. A good argument could be made that such emails are "unsolicited"...at best, this is a fine distinction that will be lost on most people.

Generally, I have not seen much by way of phishing attacks here, simply because there's no clear path to making money by hijacking groups.io accounts. With so many groups.io functions that require clicking email links, I wonder if we could be creating unnecessary paranoia about doing that.

My $0.02,
Bruce