Re: Overall style points

Kristen James Eberlein

I did not see style inconsistencies. I suggested a style guide because it can be useful in the following ways:

  • Authors can follow the rules that the style guide lays out, rather than taking time to make decisions such as "Should I use sentence-style or headline-style for headings?" -- or remember previous decisions.
  • Prevents stylistic inconsistencies
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

On 3/11/2020 8:22 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 4:23 PM Marv Waschke <marv@...> wrote:
I'll second "adopt a style guide and stick to it." I also prefer the IBM guide, but following the guide consistently is much more important than the guide chosen.

Maybe this is my ignorance talking, but what style inconsistencies are there in the doc right now?

Thanks,
Mark