Re: Documentation on approving and rejecting members/subscriptions

Nina E

FYI, the link URLs in the HTML versions of the manuals currently are generated from the topic titles, so changing titles will change the URLs and break any links to those topics from outside the manuals (I can, of course, update internal links). If/when there comes a time when Mark is able to generate non-title-based links (permalinks) to the topics in the manuals, I’ll take these comments under advisement.

Thank you for the feedback.

- Nina

From: docs@beta.groups.io <docs@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of J_Catlady
Sent: Sunday, May 2, 2021 1:27 PM
To: docs@beta.groups.io Group Moderators <docs@beta.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [docs] Documentation on approving and rejecting members/subscriptions

I still think titles could be clearer and cleaner. The ones starting with "managing" x, y, or z have the same issue as "handling." And grouping sections by the word "handling" or "managing," when alphabetical, doesn't seem helpful.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 8:44 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 09:51 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

In this case, I was searching the document for "approving" or "rejecting" and only found titles containing those for messages, not members.

When I'm looking for something in the manuals, I either use the single page view or the PDF, then use the search function.  Hasn't failed me yet.  Once I got familiar with the manuals, the titles made more sense.

Duane

Join docs@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.