Re: Add information on result of banning a domain #suggestion

Great, Nina, thanks! I saw Mark’s beta update about the fix and wondered whether it was related to my comment. “Weird errors” should always be fixed. 😊

As you may have seen, I just posted in beta about whether or not what happens when someone with a banned domain tries to subscribe is actually what we want to happen. I’m not sure about it. That’s obviously a discussion for beta, but just wanted to connect all the dots here.

J

On Jan 30, 2021, at 6:47 AM, Nina E <nina.eppes@...> wrote:

I added notes about the effects of banning on a member to the Banning a member section under Banning and unbanning members in the Owners Manual. Mark fixed the weird error that J mentioned (I encountered it, too, during my testing).

Thanks for the feedback!

- Nina

From: docs@beta.groups.io <docs@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of J_Catlady
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 11:43 AM
To: docs@beta.groups.io Group Moderators <docs@beta.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [docs] Add information on result of banning a domain #suggestion

But unfortunately, a weird error message is displayed. I/you/we might suggest updating that error message on beta.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 8:41 AM J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Duane, you're right. I just tested that. Which just proves that this needs to be documented. :)

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 8:31 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 10:16 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

It would be helpful to add similar information there, about the effect on a groups.io account holder of banning them from a particular group (namely, they see the join/apply button if and only if they're logged in, etc,).

If they're logged in on the email/account that's banned, I don't think they can even get to the group home page.

Duane

Join docs@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.