Re: error in documentation

Henry wrote:

At
https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/inviting-people-to-join-a-group
For the second one shouldn't it be the email address in angle
brackets?
Correct.

In addition, I'd strongly recommend not using [square brackets] to delimit substitution parts, as a novice may easily confuse them for part of the required syntax.

Let the words stand for themselves.

Also, the accepted form for an example domain is example.com - it is reserved so that it will never resolve to anywhere unfortunate. Using domain.com is a mistake as that is a company's actual domain name (which, appropriately enough, hosts a whois lookup).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Example.com

In this context, I don't think it is helpful to separate the invitee's email address into username and domain parts - it would be clearer to leave it together as an email address, even though the @ is a syntax part (so is the "." for that matter).

Possibly the note could also say something about substituting the invitee's actual information for "Member Name" and "username@example.com" - but that may be unnecessary clutter.

Shal