Re: Terminology for the Notifications Overhaul

West Coast CompaƱeros Staff

On 6/29/20 10:57 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
Nina,

> ... I'm a little concerned that "Notice" (especially "Member Notice")
> could be confused with references to the member notices that
> owners/moderators set up in their groups' settings.

Hmm... I hadn't thought of that.

Would the term "Alert" be useful as an alternative to "Notification" in many cases? It may be a tad over-dramatic, but it has the benefit of brevity. I would reserve "Notice" for those that appear n the Notice Type drop-down list under Member Notices in the Settings section.

Robert R.

--
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
macOS Mojave version 10.4.6