Unable to add comments to a chat #bug #Android

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

after a new chat has been created, there seems to be no way of adding new comments to it.  It was reported on Group_Help and then on Beta, and a workaround was to resize the display until the input field was visible but that's not an option in the app.  (Note: on the web UI, the input field is always just off the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it).

Regards
Andy

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

after a new chat has been created, there seems to be no way of adding new comments to it.  It was reported on Group_Help and then on Beta, and a workaround was to resize the display until the input field was visible but that's not an option in the app.  (Note: on the web UI, the input field is always just off the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it).

This should be fixed now.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 05:46 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

after a new chat has been created, there seems to be no way of adding new comments to it.  It was reported on Group_Help and then on Beta, and a workaround was to resize the display until the input field was visible but that's not an option in the app.  (Note: on the web UI, the input field is always just off the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to see it).

This should be fixed now.
That's better. After 6 lines of input though, the 7th line ends up being hidden behind the page footer and you cannot scroll to see it.

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:39 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

That's better. After 6 lines of input though, the 7th line ends up being hidden behind the page footer and you cannot scroll to see it.

I'm unable to reproduce this. If you're still seeing it, can you send a screenshot?

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 05:33 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm unable to reproduce this. If you're still seeing it, can you send a screenshot?
Hi Mark,

yes, I'm still seeing the same issue in Build 29. I'll send you a video link off-list to show the issue.

Regards
Andy

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:29 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

yes, I'm still seeing the same issue in Build 29. I'll send you a video link off-list to show the issue.

Thanks for sending this. I had misunderstood you. The issue was that the text entry field for the chat page was expanding under the mobile footer as you typed multiple lines in the same chat message.

I've limited the height of the chat text field to 3 lines, which is probably a good idea anyways, and that fixes this problem.