Tapping a message notification does not open the message #bug #fixed #Android

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

tapping a message notification takes me to an incomplete groups page list (only the first 20 (sub)groups shown) rather than the message itself.  Swiping up on the list of groups does not bring in the remainder of the full list.

Regards

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:48 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote (in #434):

There's a new release for both iOS and Android. iOS users will automatically be notified about it. Unfortunately, I think Android users will have to manually uninstall/re-install until I can get that figured out.

Yes, I had to reinstall.

It's build #13. For iOS it fixes the collapsing Admin/Account pages. For both iOS and Android it fixes clicking on notifications and having them go to the correct page.

Please report anything amiss.

Tapping a message notification now just opens the app at the last screen used rather than the message that the notification was for.

Andy

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 3:58 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

Tapping a message notification now just opens the app at the last screen used rather than the message that the notification was for.

Ooof. It does work if the app is already running (in the background) on your device. The issue is when the system has to start your app fresh. Then it becomes a race between going to the home page and going to the notification URL, and the notification URL usually loses. I have a fix on my machine, I'll push out a new version tomorrow.

Most of the bug fixes don't require new releases of the app, it's just some of these system service type things do require new releases.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 12:32 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Ooof. It does work if the app is already running (in the background) on your device. The issue is when the system has to start your app fresh. Then it becomes a race between going to the home page and going to the notification URL, and the notification URL usually loses. I have a fix on my machine, I'll push out a new version tomorrow.
Build 14 seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks.
Andy