Notification bar icon #suggestion

Martyn Bell

The notification bar icon is just the default round circle, presumably a general release would have a custom icon, something that identifies "Groups.io" apart form all other apps
Martyn Bell.

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 2:18 PM Martyn Bell <martyn@...> wrote:
The notification bar icon is just the default round circle, presumably a general release would have a custom icon, something that identifies "Groups.io" apart form all other apps

I'm not sure I understand. Is this on Android or iOS? Can you send a screenshot?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 12:17 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. Is this on Android or iOS? Can you send a screenshot?
I believe Martyn is referring to the icon that appears at the top of the screen when you get a notification. I'm not sure what it looks like on a iPhone but on my Samsung I get the Android head:

Andy

Martyn Bell

Android, One plus phone,
I just get the default round circle at the top.
Presumably a custom icon isn't yet done.
Martyn Bell

Derek Milliner

Samsung Galaxy S20, Android 11;

I get the Groups.io 'envelopes icon for notifications  I don't recall not getting it to be honest over the last few app builds - currently running build 29

Martyn Bell

That would be nice Derek but not many devices support colour icons.
I'm on the current build 31 and both my tablet and phone do the same ( a blank dot or square)
Martyn Bell

Derek Milliner

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 09:04 AM, Martyn Bell wrote:
I'm on the current build 31 and both my tablet and phone do the same ( a blank dot or square)
What version(s) of Android are your devices running? The notification icon is generally derived from the application icon, however different versions of Android vary in what they'll actually render with new versions being more versatile (inevitably). It would be useful for Mark to know, I think his test device runs maybe v10 or v11

Martyn Bell

This is what I'm on.
Martyn.

Martyn Bell

And my tablet with identical results is on Android 7 something.
Martyn.