Notification sound and delayed menu option. #Android

Martyn Bell

Great,. Glad you've got it working Thomas, yes as I described only the miscellaneous menu has any effect. The misc menu definitely does not appear until after you have received your first notification I've been taking note with the previous updates but wanted to prove it.
Obviously once we have a play store release this might not happen as we're not uninstalling it just upgrading but it's something to make a note of that's not been mentioned before just in case.
Martyn

Martyn Bell
-- ----- - . -...

21 Jul 2021 18:23:29 Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...>:

Hi Martyn,
I had a closer look at the settings and found the options you describe hidden under long presses in several different places - where I saw a text and a slider, and had assumed the text was only describing the slider, it was actually an area sensitive to long presses. so no difference in OS or app behavior between our phones.
Regarding notification settings - I was actually able to modify both default and miscellaneous settings. But it seems that the app only raises „miscellaneous“ alerts so far, so the settings for default never get activated. Sometimes the „miscellaneous“ option only appears after tapping on the „advanced“ area below it I think.
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 17:24 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

No it's just the standard oneplus OS, I'm not one for rooting it incase I get it wrong lol.
Just looked and it's the same as yours 10.3.11 I thought it was 10.4 but that's on another device. Strange how it's different.
<77015584.1626881075960.jpeg>

Thomas Gruber

[...]

looks like the differences are because of the different versions of Android.
OT here:
How did you manage to put a standard Android on a OnePlus phone?
Kind regards
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 17:17 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Ok, my android version is standard. The sound option for me is in the miscellaneous menu, I've chosen Rhythm as something different.
Martyn
<1450892992.1626880618915.jpeg>

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165
eMail: computerhusky@...

Martyn Bell

Ok, my android version is standard. The sound option for me is in the miscellaneous menu, I've chosen Rhythm as something different.
Martyn

Thomas Gruber

Hi Martyn,
I’ve just upgraded to Build 31 - but there’s no change in what I see in the notifications settings.
Kind regards
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Hi Thomas,
If you press and hold the app icon a small menu appears, then press app info and the settings menu you can choose notifications. Then the menu in my screenshot appears. From there you can change both default and miscellaneous sound settings amongst others. Only the miscellaneous one actually has any effect.
Martyn

Martyn Bell
-- ----- - . -...

21 Jul 2021 15:21:16 Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...>:

Hi Martyn,
I have almost the same setup here - OnePlus 6 with OxygenOS V 10.3.11 - but I don’t see any option to choose the notification sound at all. Are you running generic Android on your phone, with different options?
I see the same effect about default and miscellaneous notifications by the way.
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 09:10 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Not sure if anyone else can replicate this or if it's just a quirk of my setup.
I like to change the default notification sound so every app is different so (understandable) after up grading to a new version it loses my settings and I simply change it back...... except I can't until after I have received my first message.
There are two notification menu items, "Default" & "Miscellaneous" the default one is there all the time but doesn't seem to be the one used because if I change it to something different it still plays the other system default sound, once I've received a message the miscellaneous menu appears and I'm able to set my sound which IS the sound used by this app.
I'm on a ONE+6 running Android 10.4
Screenshot of the menu after it appears.<1892274213.1626851380680.jpeg>
Martyn Bell

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165
eMail: computerhusky@...

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165
eMail: computerhusky@...

Thomas Gruber

Hi Martyn,
I went through the phone’s settings menu then to notifications - but got to the same menu as now through the „press&hold icon“ method. Then I see 4 options (translated from my German setup):
Notifications
Access rights
Storage and Cache
Mobile Data and WLAN

In Notifications, I have 3 options:
- Show Notifications (an overall on/off slider) - On
- Default (On)
- Other (or miscellaneous) (On) - saying „about 2 notifications per week)
and an „Extended“ menu which converts into an On/Off slider when tapped, saying „allow App Notification Point“ - no idea what that means.
I don’t want to send screenshots because of the German settings. Might not be too useful for others.
Kind regards
Thomas

My app version is  Build 16 by the way. Is that maybe an old version?