New Build 16 #release

Hi All,

There's a new build 16. The only change is that the build number is now displayed when you click on the account menu in the upper right corner of the page.

iOS should notify you of a new build. Android users will have to uninstall/reinstall.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:09 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
There's a new build 16. The only change is that the build number is now displayed when you click on the account menu in the upper right corner of the page.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled again and I don't see a build number:

Andy

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On 4/30/21 3:26 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:09 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
There's a new build 16. The only change is that the build number is now displayed when you click on the account menu in the upper right corner of the page.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled again and I don't see a build number.
Andy
It is definitely displayed in the iOS version:

Build16.jpeg

Robert R.

--
iPhone XR 64 GB

iOS 14.4.2

Group.io app 1.0 (16)

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:27 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:09 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
There's a new build 16. The only change is that the build number is now displayed when you click on the account menu in the upper right corner of the page.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled again and I don't see a build number:

I think you're still running an older version. I've been trying to figure out if there's some sort of magical incantation I need to do to make the Android testing go better/more like iOS testing, but it appears to be a rather fraught process.

Can you try again tomorrow? Perhaps it's a caching issue on Google's end.

Martyn Bell

Just updated, yes it now says Build 16
One plus 6, Android 10.
First time I did it I couldn't see the build number, I used the link from my chrome history.
2nd time I scrolled down and found the link in here and it works.
The file size is 12.04 Mb
On my android tablet the app is quite different more like the web page and the download is 11.44Mb and it says build 16 on the drop down menu.
I'm thinking my cached page was a link to an old version??

When you do an update could you include the play store link.

Thanks
Martyn Bell

Hank Seamon

I went to Google Playstore.  I uninstalled (Android Samsung S21) and then re-installed.  I still see the same build as before.

Hank

Littlestown, PA

Gettysburg Area

Hank Seamon

Uninstall reinstalled twice from the Play store still not seeing anything about build 16

Andy Wedge

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 03:25 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
Uninstall reinstalled twice from the Play store still not seeing anything about build 16
It's not generally available on the play store. The version you have is the old app.  See and read topic New Android App and note Mark will need to give you permission to download the newer version.

Andy

Hank Seamon

UPDATE:  Cleared the cache for Groups.io  (Android).  Un-installed and re-installed.  Still showing the earlier version.

Puzzling.

Thomas Gruber

Hi Hank,
The correct link for download/install of the latest version is in message #354 in this group‘s messages. Worked for me yesterday, without problem.

Thomas

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 04:08 PM, Thomas Gruber wrote:
Worked for me yesterday, without problem.
Because you are already included in the Beta testing programme.  Hank will need to contact Mark (off-list per #360 and #400) and get his account (email address) added to the list and when that is done, download via the link in #354.

Andy

Thomas Gruber

Hi Andy,
Sorry - I thought he had done that already. That‘s the first step of course.
Thomas

Am 02.05.2021 um 17:28 schrieb Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...>:

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 04:08 PM, Thomas Gruber wrote:
Worked for me yesterday, without problem.
Because you are already included in the Beta testing programme.  Hank will need to contact Mark (off-list per #360 and #400) and get his account (email address) added to the list and when that is done, download via the link in #354.

Andy

Hank Seamon

Here is the link in #354.  https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700382259006906260

It says 1st build, though.  I uninstall and install this one.

The link in the above takes me to Google Play and the below install.  This shows 'installed' as that is where the links take me every time and this is the result each of 3X's.

When I hit Settings, I see V1.0 (7) rev 262 as i put in earlier msgs.

What link did any of you use for Android?

Duane

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 03:58 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
What link did any of you use for Android?
Uninstall the app, then go to the link page and use the Install button that will be there.  If you haven't contacted Mark to be included, you'll get an error as mentioned in the topic you referred to.

Duane

Hank Seamon

Nobody sends the link so I know I am in the right place. I'd appreciate the link if it is different from where I show below.

If you were looking at the images in my previous message, what is different from where any of you go?

Hank

Derek Milliner

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 02:18 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
I'd appreciate the link if it is different from where I show below.
Hank, that's the correct link; I'll paste a copy here anyway :-) :

https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700382259006906260

For what it's worth I seem to have had to uninstall & reinstall a couple of times (Galaxy S20 / Android 11) before I got the version that displayed 'Build 16' on the menu. I'm wondering if it was a local cache thing on my 'phone.