Admin functions in App #bug

Thomas Gruber

Hi,
when I‘m in a group where I‘m owner or moderator, and then tap on the „Admin“ heading, it immediately jumps to the Owner‘s help page/manual. This is on iPad in landscape mode, which basically looks like the web view on a bigger computer.
on my iPhone, tapping the hamburger menu (bottom right) it works almost normally - admin can be expanded, but not shrunk again with another tap.
on the other hand, when I tap on „Help“ then select one of the manuals (Owner or Member), I get the „my groups“ list, the manual doesn‘t open. This happens on both iPad and iPhone.
Thomas

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:06 AM Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:

when I‘m in a group where I‘m owner or moderator, and then tap on the „Admin“ heading, it immediately jumps to the Owner‘s help page/manual. This is on iPad in landscape mode, which basically looks like the web view on a bigger computer.
on my iPhone, tapping the hamburger menu (bottom right) it works almost normally - admin can be expanded, but not shrunk again with another tap.
on the other hand, when I tap on „Help“ then select one of the manuals (Owner or Member), I get the „my groups“ list, the manual doesn‘t open. This happens on both iPad and iPhone.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Is anyone else seeing this?

Joseph Hudson

Anywhere where I am a moderator or an owner, I don't see the option for an admin button. This is on an iPhone SE.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Apr 8, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:06 AM Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@gmail.com> wrote:
when I‘m in a group where I‘m owner or moderator, and then tap on the „Admin“ heading, it immediately jumps to the Owner‘s help page/manual. This is on iPad in landscape mode, which basically looks like the web view on a bigger computer.
on my iPhone, tapping the hamburger menu (bottom right) it works almost normally - admin can be expanded, but not shrunk again with another tap.
on the other hand, when I tap on „Help“ then select one of the manuals (Owner or Member), I get the „my groups“ list, the manual doesn‘t open. This happens on both iPad and iPhone.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thomas Gruber

hi Mark,
the version of the app is 1.0, from 30.03.2021. just in case that helps.
Thomas

Am 08.04.2021 um 19:49 schrieb Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>:

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:06 AM Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:

when I‘m in a group where I‘m owner or moderator, and then tap on the „Admin“ heading, it immediately jumps to the Owner‘s help page/manual. This is on iPad in landscape mode, which basically looks like the web view on a bigger computer.
on my iPhone, tapping the hamburger menu (bottom right) it works almost normally - admin can be expanded, but not shrunk again with another tap.
on the other hand, when I tap on „Help“ then select one of the manuals (Owner or Member), I get the „my groups“ list, the manual doesn‘t open. This happens on both iPad and iPhone.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165
eMail: computerhusky@...

Thomas Gruber

hi Joseph,
go into the message view in one of the groups. then tap on the Hamburger menu (bottom right) and make sure that it’s showing „Messages“ and not „Topics“ at the top. then tap on the bottom right - you should see a list like this
Subscription
Admin (with a little black triangle)
Messages
Hashtags
…..

tap on Admin
For me, it then opens up briefly, then switches to the „Welcome to the Groups.io Owners manual“ (which doesn’t display very nicely on a phone screen).
Thomas

Am 08.04.2021 um 19:52 schrieb Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>:

[...]

I uninstalled then reinstalled the app (from TestFlight). Now tapping „Admin“ behaves normally. but it doesn’t shrink again after a 2nd tap.

Help - Owners Manual or Help - Members Manual still brings me to the list of my groups, not to the help file.

Kind regards
[...]

OK so I got a switch to Messages view that's part of my problem that's why I'm not seeing it thanks. I will point out, I'm a voiceover user and I am blind. So I don't see everything that everybody else sees.

Am 08.04.2021 um 19:52 schrieb Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@twc.com>:

[...]

eMail: computerhusky@gmail.com

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On 4/8/21 10:49 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 8:06 AM Thomas Gruber wrote:

on my iPhone, tapping the hamburger menu (bottom right) it works almost normally - admin can be expanded, but not shrunk again with another tap.
on the other hand, when I tap on „Help“ then select one of the manuals (Owner or Member), I get the „my groups“ list, the manual doesn‘t open. This happens on both iPad and iPhone.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Is anyone else seeing this?

I am able to reproduce both the bugs that Thomas describes. In the case of the Help bug, from the Topics screen I tap the gear icon in the upper right corner, then tap Help, and then tap one of the Help documents. The screen briefly fills with the Groups.io screen then returns to the initial page with the list of my subscriptions. I get the identical results when I access Help from the hamburger menu.

Robert R.

--
iPhone XR 64 GB

iOS 14.4.2

Group.io app 1.0 (10)

Yes, can confirm I see this also. Would be useful to have it collapse after a second tap.

(iPhone XS, iOS 14.4.2)

kind regards

Nick

On 8 Apr 2021, at 19:02, Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:

Now tapping „Admin“ behaves normally. but it doesn’t shrink again after a 2nd tap.

___

dUNMUR | member of the AOP

Hi All,

I've uploaded a new version to Testflight with a fix for collapsing the Admin menu.

On 4/9/21 10:47 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've uploaded a new version to Testflight with a fix for collapsing the Admin menu.
Hi Mark,

After I installed version 1.0 (11), I verified that the Admin button now properly opens and closes the list of Admin functions, but a new set of problems seems to have cropped up.

1. In portrait orientation, the blue area at the top, with the Groups.io and gear logos, now encroaches on and overlays the area around the "notch" reserved for the time, signal-strength and battery displays, and the buttons are non-functional.

2. In portrait and landscape orientations, when you tap on the Reply link for any message, the link is underlined but the expected reply message doesn't open.

3. In landscape mode, the display of most screens is shifted too far to the left edge and obscures the text.

Robert R.

--
iPhone XR 64 GB

iOS 14.4.2

Group.io app 1.0 (11)

Thomas Gruber

Hi,
I see similar symptoms on my iPhone. The app isn’t really usable any more.
The previous build has now disappeared from TestFlight - I had intended to reinstall it.
Thomas

Am 09.04.2021 um 20:41 schrieb West Coast Compañeros Staff <westcoastcompaneros@...>:

[...]

Linda Liao

same here.  The encroachment at the top happened occasionally in the previous build, but I always managed to get back to a screen where it didn't do that.  Now, it seems to always be all the way up there.

Linda

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 4:43 PM Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:
[...]

I rolled back the change, as you've all seen, it broke more than it fixed.