The app #admin

Hi All,

I am busy working on a new version of the app. Until it is ready for testing, I won't be adding anyone to the beta test. I will announce on here when it's ready.

Thanks Mark for keeping us in the loop, I miss the little envelope on my screen.

William R. C. Ellis
eMail:William_Ellis@...
Cell: 781-454-7037

On Jan 8, 2021, at 12:11, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I am busy working on a new version of the app. Until it is ready for testing, I won't be adding anyone to the beta test. I will announce on here when it's ready.

GrayMatter

Thanks for the update! I used the app quite a bit and eagerly await the next release.

Joanie

Hi Mark,

I don't want to keep bugging you about the app but I'm coming up very quickly on a go/no-go deadline with respect to abandoning our group's use of groups.io for the River City Gems group. The group is moving toward a platform with full support for mobile devices. More and more members are abandoning their desktop and laptop devices and going using their mobile device as their primary network interface. I believe the platform being proposed as the new one is not as robust as groups.io but the key missing piece is the mobile device app. For some reason there is great pressure to not use an email based interface on the mobile device.

I think I can hold off the board of directors for maybe two to four weeks but after that we might have to move off groups.io unless I can get some time on the new app and maybe have a date when it will be available for general release.

I would like to stay with groups.io because I like the feature set. Any info you could provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joanie

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 5:59 PM Joanie <joanie.m.nightingale@...> wrote:

I don't want to keep bugging you about the app but I'm coming up very quickly on a go/no-go deadline with respect to abandoning our group's use of groups.io for the River City Gems group. The group is moving toward a platform with full support for mobile devices. More and more members are abandoning their desktop and laptop devices and going using their mobile device as their primary network interface. I believe the platform being proposed as the new one is not as robust as groups.io but the key missing piece is the mobile device app. For some reason there is great pressure to not use an email based interface on the mobile device.

Realistically, it will go on Testflight for testing in 2 weeks. But it won't be ready for final release for maybe two months.

Out of curiosity, can you say what the other platform is that they are considering?