App v1.3.2 (19) rev 197 out now #release

Hi All,

The app has been updated to fix the following issues:

  • Database crash
  • Use <br> instead of <p> for returns in posts.
  • Capitalizing the first letter after a period or return in a post.
  • Posting formatting buttons were staying bold after a second press.
  • The posting formatting buttons now stay on screen.
  • Additional accessibility improvements.

To see which version you are on, click the 3 bar (Hamburger) menu on the top right corner.

For this update, please go into the TestFlight app and verify that it has an Open button next to the Groups.io app. If it has an Upgrade button, click that to upgrade the app.

Thanks, Mark

Thomas Gruber

Hi Mark,
Mine says 1.3.2(null) rev.198 on iPad when opening the app. After updating via TestFlight, which says 1.3.2(19) is available for update, it says 1.3.2(19) rev. 198.
Have I got a version that‘s not yet been published? :-)
Similar on iPhone, only there I had an older version before updating via TestFlight. After update it‘s the same version.
Thomas

Am 27.02.2020 um 05:53 schrieb Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>:

Hi All,

The app has been updated to fix the following issues:

  • Database crash
  • Use <br> instead of <p> for returns in posts.
  • Capitalizing the first letter after a period or return in a post.
  • Posting formatting buttons were staying bold after a second press.
  • The posting formatting buttons now stay on screen.
  • Additional accessibility improvements.

To see which version you are on, click the 3 bar (Hamburger) menu on the top right corner.

For this update, please go into the TestFlight app and verify that it has an Open button next to the Groups.io app. If it has an Upgrade button, click that to upgrade the app.

Thanks, Mark

Bob Schrempp

Excuse my ignorance, I selected the 3 Bars, after that how do I know what version I am running, it do not see it listed. I do not see a choice that I think will tell me.

I checked in Test Flight and it has the correct version, but how to I know that the actual app is the new version?

Bob

Bob Schrempp
bschrempp@alumni.calpoly.edu

On 2/26/2020 8:53 PM, Mark Fletcher via Groups.Io wrote:
To see which version you are on, click the 3 bar (Hamburger) menu on the top right corner.

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 09:37 AM, Bob Schrempp wrote:
I selected the 3 Bars, after that how do I know what version I am running, it do not see it listed.
Bob,

Make sure that you are tapping on the 3-bar icon in the upper right corner of the screen. There is another 3-bar menu in the lower right corner. The last line of the blue display area has the current revision information, which is now v1.3.2 (19) rev.198.

--
Robert R.

iPhone XR 64 GB
iOS 13.3.1
Group.io app v1.3.2 (19) rev. 198

Bob Schrempp

I swear it was not there before, it is now.

DOH DOH DOH!!!

Bob

On 2/28/2020 10:42 AM, West Coast Compañeros Staff via Groups.Io wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 09:37 AM, Bob Schrempp wrote:
I selected the 3 Bars, after that how do I know what version I am running, it do not see it listed.
Bob,

Make sure that you are tapping on the 3-bar icon in the upper right corner of the screen. There is another 3-bar menu in the lower right corner. The last line of the blue display area has the current revision information, which is now v1.3.2 (19) rev.198.

--
Robert R.
_._,_._,_

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 08:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
The app has been updated to fix the following issues:
I've been able to verify all the fixes Mark listed except for the database crash, which I never experienced, and the accessibility improvements.

--
Robert R.

iPhone XR 64 GB
iOS 13.3.1
Group.io app v1.3.2 (19) rev. 198

Bob Schrempp

The data base crash I was seeing is fixed.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

The data base crash I was seeing is fixed.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

The issue (crash) I was seeing with the data has been fixed.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

When I tried to reply using the app I selected the green replay to group button and nothing happened. I had to come over to the Web Site to do the reply I just posted about the Data Base.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

When replying to a message the current line disappears below the top of the keyboard and off the screen.

This is to demonstrate the issue. As I pass this line it will drop down below the keyboard and drop off the screen. I have to manually scroll the scren up to get it back on the screen. When I scroll the screen up the top tool bar scrolls off the top.

now the tool bar is staying, but what I am writing is under the keyboard and I cannot a I’ll up to see it. Have to type blind.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

So it posted but the app did not update.

The quote tool is missing. Or I do not know how to quote in the app.

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 08:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
  • Use <br> instead of <p> for returns in posts.
  1. I know I am kicking a dead horse here but I have to ask. So why are we breaking away from the industry standards for a paragraph based editor to use Text Editor behavior?
  2. How do I insert an end of paragraph now in the iOS now that the  default behavior to a <br>.
  3. I do not see the Paragraph formatting button in the editor. How do I select a different paragraph formatting?

Bob Schrempp

Bob Schrempp

Thomas Gruber

For me the screen layout is exactly right. Top half has the text box, with the formatting etc buttons above, lower half is keyboard and autocorrect row. Scroll behavior is normal too.

Thomas

I do have a fairly big screen on an iPhone 11 Pro Max, but that shouldn‘t make a difference.

I just used the reply arrow, not the button . That comes later.

Thomas

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 1:12 PM Bob Schrempp <bschrempp@...> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 08:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
  • Use <br> instead of <p> for returns in posts.
  1. I know I am kicking a dead horse here but I have to ask. So why are we breaking away from the industry standards for a paragraph based editor to use Text Editor behavior?

I would argue that we are in fact following industry standards, as defined by Gmail and other HTML email producers. In any case, this behavior will not be changed.

Mark

Bob Schrempp

In Gmail when I tested a couple weeks ago the enter key added a paragraph break.

Bob Schrempp
bschrempp@...
www.schrempp.us
www.prawndesigns.com