Snippets from Search Results show codes for quotation marks #bug #fixed

Linda Liao

Just so this doesn't get lost, Robert also reported that the snippet from search results contain's visible coding also.

I can still see that there is a ' for a single apostrophe
and a " for quotation marks

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 02:13 PM, Linda Liao wrote:
Just so this doesn't get lost, Robert also reported that the snippet from search results contain's visible coding also.

I can still see that there is a ' for a single apostrophe
and a " for quotation marks
Thanks, Linda. I suspect that all HTML codes are still displayed in a search, so the bug is not really fixed. In addition to the apostrophe and quotation marks that you have documented, the codes for  < (less than) and > (greater than) are also visible when, for example, you do a search for strong or group.
--
Robert R.
iPhone XR

West Coast Compañeros Staff

Edited

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 03:00 PM, West Coast Compañeros Staff wrote:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 02:13 PM, Linda Liao wrote:
Just so this doesn't get lost, Robert also reported that the snippet from search results contain's visible coding also.

I can still see that there is a &#39; for a single apostrophe
and a &#34; for quotation marks
Thanks, Linda. I suspect that all HTML codes are still displayed in a search, so the bug is not really fixed. In addition to the apostrophe and quotation marks that you have documented, the codes for  < (less than) and > (greater than) are also visible when, for example, you do a search for strong or group.
--
Robert R.
iPhone XR
iOS 13.3
This bug was fixed for message-body text in an earlier version of the app, but the problem (raw HTML codes displayed instead of rendering properly) persists in Subject lines. To replicate this, do a search in the beta | app group Topics for the word analogous. In the two resulting messages, the HTML codes for quotation marks are displayed instead of the quotation marks. A search for the word strong results in Subject lines that display the codes for angle brackets (less than and greater than symbols) instead of the symbols themselves.
--
Robert R.
iPhone XR

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 02:15 PM, West Coast Compañeros Staff wrote:
This bug was fixed for message-body text in an earlier version of the app, but the problem (raw HTML codes displayed instead of rendering properly) persists in Subject lines. To replicate this, do a search in the beta | app group Topics for the word analogous. In the two resulting messages, the HTML codes for quotation marks are displayed instead of the quotation marks. A search for the word strong results in Subject lines that display the codes for angle brackets (less than and greater than symbols) instead of the symbols themselves.
I am happy to report that, as of v1.3.2 rev. 179, the bug that displayed HTML codes instead of rendering their symbols properly when searching topics has been fixed for Subject lines as well as for message-body text. So the #fixed hashtag is again appropriate for this thread.
--
Robert R.
iPhone XR 64 GB

Thomas Gruber

Hi,
Can you explain the version number logic, in TestFlight and in the app itself?
In TestFlight, I see 3 builds: 1.1.3 (6), 1.3.0 (10), 1.3.2 (15)
But in the app, I‘ve seen 1.3.2 without any version, 177,178,179.

Thomas

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 01:35 PM, Thomas Gruber wrote:
Hi,
Can you explain the version number logic, in TestFlight and in the app itself?
In TestFlight, I see 3 builds: 1.1.3 (6), 1.3.0 (10), 1.3.2 (15)
But in the app, I‘ve seen 1.3.2 without any version, 177,178,179.

Thomas
Thomas,

If we need to continue discussing this we should start a new topic, e.g., Version number logic #misc. I don't pretend to understand what the different numbers all mean, but it seems that the identical update is displayed slightly differently in TestFlight and in the Groups.io app, but they refer to the exact same thing. For example, at the moment the latest released version of the app is 1.3.2. That is the same in TestFlight and in the Groups.io app. The number in parentheses after the version number in TestFlight (15) probably refers to which build of this particular version is the latest one. In the Groups.io app, the text after the version number is rev.179, which may be the cumulative number of revisions since version 1.0.0 was released.
--
Robert R.