Replying to quoted text does not work #bug

Brady Turner <bturner@...>

In the Groups.IO web interface, you can select some text when replying to a message an it only includes the selected/quoted text in the reply.

In the app, I’m unable to even select text to make a quoted response to the message.

Brady Turner

Yes that’s the same for me.

Also, a paragraph break (several blank line space) seems to translate to several blank lines in the actual post, but I am testing this in this post.

Best, Nick (I left one blank line in between each of the three pieces of text in this post).

Thomas Gruber

Hi Nick,
Yes - 3 blank lines between the pieces of text. Visible both in email and when checking online. So what‘s wrong with that? Looks like this is how it should be.
Thomas

Sorry Thomas - there was a typo (auto-correct error) in my last post. It should have said I left a SINGLE blank line in between each of the three pieces of text and that has translated into several.

Best, Nick (sent from email, not from within the app)

___
dUNMUR | Photographer

Member of the AOP
nickdunmur.com
the-aop.org
+44 7831 253745

On 16 Jan 2020, at 08:22, Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:

Yes - 3 blank lines between the pieces of text. Visible both in email and when checking online. So what‘s wrong with that? Looks like this is how it should be.

Brady Turner <bturner@...>

Also there is no speech bubble in the Reply toolbar that could be used to insert the quoted text.

Brady Turner

West Coast Compañeros Staff

As of app rev.199 this bug submission remains unresolved. Using the app to reply to an existing topic, the typical iOS editing features, i.e., Select, Cut, Copy, etc., are not available in the original message text to select text to quote in the reply. They are, however, available in the text of the reply itself. Also, the "quote entire message" voice balloon is still not available on the Formatting bar, so it makes it very challenging to use the app to make any reply that requires quoting some message text.
--
Robert R.

iPhone XR 64 GB
iOS 13.3.1