Re: Notification sound and delayed menu option. #Android

Thomas Gruber

Hi Martyn,
I’ve just upgraded to Build 31 - but there’s no change in what I see in the notifications settings.
Kind regards
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Hi Thomas,
If you press and hold the app icon a small menu appears, then press app info and the settings menu you can choose notifications. Then the menu in my screenshot appears. From there you can change both default and miscellaneous sound settings amongst others. Only the miscellaneous one actually has any effect.
Martyn

Martyn Bell
-- ----- - . -...

21 Jul 2021 15:21:16 Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...>:

Hi Martyn,
I have almost the same setup here - OnePlus 6 with OxygenOS V 10.3.11 - but I don’t see any option to choose the notification sound at all. Are you running generic Android on your phone, with different options?
I see the same effect about default and miscellaneous notifications by the way.
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 09:10 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Not sure if anyone else can replicate this or if it's just a quirk of my setup.
I like to change the default notification sound so every app is different so (understandable) after up grading to a new version it loses my settings and I simply change it back...... except I can't until after I have received my first message.
There are two notification menu items, "Default" & "Miscellaneous" the default one is there all the time but doesn't seem to be the one used because if I change it to something different it still plays the other system default sound, once I've received a message the miscellaneous menu appears and I'm able to set my sound which IS the sound used by this app.
I'm on a ONE+6 running Android 10.4
Screenshot of the menu after it appears.<1892274213.1626851380680.jpeg>
Martyn Bell

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165