Re: Notification sound and delayed menu option. #Android

Thomas Gruber

Hi Martyn,
I have almost the same setup here - OnePlus 6 with OxygenOS V 10.3.11 - but I don’t see any option to choose the notification sound at all. Are you running generic Android on your phone, with different options?
I see the same effect about default and miscellaneous notifications by the way.
Thomas

Am 21.07.2021 um 09:10 schrieb Martyn Bell <martyn@...>:

Not sure if anyone else can replicate this or if it's just a quirk of my setup.
I like to change the default notification sound so every app is different so (understandable) after up grading to a new version it loses my settings and I simply change it back...... except I can't until after I have received my first message.
There are two notification menu items, "Default" & "Miscellaneous" the default one is there all the time but doesn't seem to be the one used because if I change it to something different it still plays the other system default sound, once I've received a message the miscellaneous menu appears and I'm able to set my sound which IS the sound used by this app.
I'm on a ONE+6 running Android 10.4
Screenshot of the menu after it appears.<1892274213.1626851380680.jpeg>
Martyn Bell

Thomas Gruber

Phone: +49 4101 512590
mobile: +49 151 2234 2165