Unknown Privacy Setting "" #api

Andres Tobon

Hello,

I am working on an application that makes use of the Groups.io API, and I have run into an issue I thought would be worth asking about here. There is a group we manage that when trying to get the group settings by calling https://groups.io/api/v1/getgroup?group_id=12184 returns an empty privacy setting of "", which is not what it should be; in the Groups.io UI, the privacy visibility setting is set to "sub_group_privacy_unlisted_public_archives" (Group not listed in parent group, publicly viewable messages). Any ideas as to why the API is returning an empty privacy setting would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Andres

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:11 PM <andrest2455@...> wrote:

I am working on an application that makes use of the Groups.io API, and I have run into an issue I thought would be worth asking about here. There is a group we manage that when trying to get the group settings by calling https://groups.io/api/v1/getgroup?group_id=12184 returns an empty privacy setting of "", which is not what it should be; in the Groups.io UI, the privacy visibility setting is set to "sub_group_privacy_unlisted_public_archives" (Group not listed in parent group, publicly viewable messages). Any ideas as to why the API is returning an empty privacy setting would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the bug report. It's been fixed.

Cheers,
Mark