Questions on Get Events #api


Seth Tartar
 

Hello All,

Been playing with the API a bit and I have a few questions.

API Reference: 
https://groups.io/api#get_events

First, can a local or UTC time be passed with the request in the Start / End parameters?

Second, when I submit the below request, I'm receiving events that occur before the start date.

API Request:
https://groups.io/api/v1/getevents?start=2022-04-11&limit=2&group_id=85235

Portion of API Response:

"data": [{

"id": 1225228,

"object": "event",

"created": "2021-07-30T13:05:49.480706558-07:00",

"updated": "2021-12-11T21:10:14.759394854-08:00",

"group_id": 85235,

"start_time": "2022-04-09T18:00:00-07:00",

"end_time": "2022-04-09T20:00:00-07:00",

What might I be missing?

Thanks,
Seth




 

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 7:32 AM Seth Tartar <seth.kd0tel@...> wrote:

API Reference: 
https://groups.io/api#get_events

First, can a local or UTC time be passed with the request in the Start / End parameters?

Right now, the dates passed in are evaluated as UTC. You can't currently pass in specific start times nor can you specify a different timezone.
 

Second, when I submit the below request, I'm receiving events that occur before the start date.

This should be fixed.

Thanks,
Mark 


Seth Tartar
 

Thanks Mark!

So to verify, if I pass in 2022-04-11, it would be processed as 2022-04-11 00:00:00-0:00? So if the events are in Chicago Central time, I should expect to see items returned with a start date of 2022-04-10 19:00:00-5:00?

Thanks,
Seth

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 12:23 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 7:32 AM Seth Tartar <seth.kd0tel@...> wrote:

API Reference: 
https://groups.io/api#get_events

First, can a local or UTC time be passed with the request in the Start / End parameters?

Right now, the dates passed in are evaluated as UTC. You can't currently pass in specific start times nor can you specify a different timezone.
 

Second, when I submit the below request, I'm receiving events that occur before the start date.

This should be fixed.

Thanks,
Mark 


 

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 11:17 AM Seth Tartar <seth.kd0tel@...> wrote:
Thanks Mark!

So to verify, if I pass in 2022-04-11, it would be processed as 2022-04-11 00:00:00-0:00? So if the events are in Chicago Central time, I should expect to see items returned with a start date of 2022-04-10 19:00:00-5:00?

Correct.

Mark