Topics

Permissions issues working with group create/delete

Isaac Whitfield <iw@...>

Hi all,

I'm having a couple of issues with creating subgroups and deleting groups, both of which are giving me "inadequate_permissions" as the reason but my Permissions object for the groups has "true" on every permission. I can confirm that I'm using POST for both /createsubgroup and /deletegroup, and strangely enough creating groups at the top level works.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
IW

Hi Isaac,

I believe the problem is that, for groups that are listed in the directory, I must approve them before you are allowed to do many things, including create subgroups. This is an anti-spam measure (some people will create a group with an ad as the description, just to try to get their ad on our site). I try to approve quickly, but on weekends especially there can be a delay.

Thanks,
Mark

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Isaac Whitfield <iw@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having a couple of issues with creating subgroups and deleting groups, both of which are giving me "inadequate_permissions" as the reason but my Permissions object for the groups has "true" on every permission. I can confirm that I'm using POST for both /createsubgroup and /deletegroup, and strangely enough creating groups at the top level works.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
IW

Isaac Whitfield <iw@...>

Hi Mark,

Can confirm that for the group creation; setting to unlisted makes it work - however I still can't remove groups or update them. Potentially same root cause somehow?

Thanks!
IW

Hi Isaac,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Isaac Whitfield <iw@...> wrote:

Can confirm that for the group creation; setting to unlisted makes it work - however I still can't remove groups or update them. Potentially same root cause somehow?

My screw up. It should be fixed now. For real this time.

Thanks,
MarkĀ