Topics

How do I get permissions to remove a user?

Timothy Fong

when I try to remove a user, I get an error which says I don't have the right permissions. I cannot find documentation for setting permissions.

When removing a user, the documentation says to use the subscribe Id. However, the member object doesn't have subscriber ID as a field I can use as a key.

Tim,

I’m on vacation right now. I will answer your questions on Monday.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 10:44 AM <timfong888@...> wrote:
when I try to remove a user, I get an error which says I don't have the right permissions. I cannot find documentation for setting permissions.

When removing a user, the documentation says to use the subscribe Id. However, the member object doesn't have subscriber ID as a field I can use as a key.

Every object has an `id` field, which is a number unique to that type of object. The `sub_id` parameter is referring to an `id` of a member_info object, which corresponds to a subscription. Would it make it more clear if I changed the name of that parameter from `sub_id` to something like `member_info_id`?

Timothy Fong

Hi, yes. Some part of docs need to be clearer. I wouldn’t have associated id of a member info object to be referred to as a sub_id.

That said: I did in fact try to remove a member I added through the api and could not. And I could not figure out where the permission was set to prevent that.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:47 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 10:44 AM <timfong888@...> wrote:
when I try to remove a user, I get an error which says I don't have the right permissions. I cannot find documentation for setting permissions.

When removing a user, the documentation says to use the subscribe Id. However, the member object doesn't have subscriber ID as a field I can use as a key.

Every object has an `id` field, which is a number unique to that type of object. The `sub_id` parameter is referring to an `id` of a member_info object, which corresponds to a subscription. Would it make it more clear if I changed the name of that parameter from `sub_id` to something like `member_info_id`?

Inline image

Tim Fong

p: 415-508-6888

e: timfong888@...

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 7:43 PM Timothy Fong <timfong888@...> wrote:
Hi, yes. Some part of docs need to be clearer. I wouldn’t have associated id of a member info object to be referred to as a sub_id.

That said: I did in fact try to remove a member I added through the api and could not. And I could not figure out where the permission was set to prevent that.

Which endpoint did you use to remove the member?