Topics

getfiledirectory

Samuel Murrayy

Hello

Do I understand correctly that getfiledirectory does not get a list of files but only a list of folders, *and* that it gets only a list of folder within the specified path (not folders within those folders)?

I'm trying to see if there is a way to get a list of all files (for a specific group), so getfiledirectory seemed a first obvious choice, but it doesn't seem to give me a list of files, and it appears to show only the children folders, not grandchildren folders etc.

Thanks
Samuel
(not a programmer)

Samuel Murrayy

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM, Samuel Murray wrote:
Do I understand correctly that getfiledirectory does not get a list of files but only a list of folders...
No, wait, I just forgot to set the limit high enough, which is why I only got a list of folders (there were more than 10 folders in my test folder).

, *and* that it gets only a list of folder within the specified path (not folders within those folders)?
See, when I ask for a list of files in "/", and there are only two subfolders (no files) in "/", then the response tells me only the names of those two folders, regardless of the limit setting.  I don't get the subfolders and all the files in them.

Samuel