Get Events Limit #api

Seth Tartar

Hello All,

It appears that when Start & End Date are both provided Limit parameter is ignored. Is this expected?

Example:

https://groups.io/api/v1/getevents?start=2022-04-11&end=2022-05-11&limit=2&group_id=85235

Thanks,
Seth

Seth Tartar

Hello,

Following up to see if this is expected behavior.

Thanks,
Seth

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:28 AM Seth Tartar via groups.io <seth.kd0tel=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All,

It appears that when Start & End Date are both provided Limit parameter is ignored. Is this expected?

Example:

https://groups.io/api/v1/getevents?start=2022-04-11&end=2022-05-11&limit=2&group_id=85235

Thanks,
Seth

Derek Milliner

Hi Seth,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 05:28 PM, Seth Tartar wrote:
It appears that when Start & End Date are both provided Limit parameter is ignored. Is this expected?
I just did a quick test on my sandpit group and the limit parameter does indeed seem to be overlooked, at least in part. The reply list keys 'start_item' and 'end_item' do reflect the limit even though all matching events are returned. The key page_token has an effect, in that it appears to discard the first (limit * page_token) events.

Feels more like a bug than intentional; one for Mark...

Hi Seth,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Yes, this is currently expected behavior (and as I see, it is not noted in the docs. I will change that). My thinking was that if you specify a start and end date, that you want all events within that interval.

Is ignoring the limit an issue for you?

Seth Tartar

Hello Mark,

It is not an issue for my use case but noticed it as I was testing and so wanted to bring it to your attention since the start / end response elements appear to be reflecting the limit while the returned data shows otherwise.

Thanks,
Seth

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:25 Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi Seth,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Yes, this is currently expected behavior (and as I see, it is not noted in the docs. I will change that). My thinking was that if you specify a start and end date, that you want all events within that interval.

Is ignoring the limit an issue for you?

Seth - KD0TEL