Topics

Consider removing group_id as required for sub-group creation

Isaac Whitfield <iw@...>

Is it possible that this field requirement could be removed in favour of auto-incrementing identifiers? The combination of having to provide the identifier, along with the type being numeric, means that you need to store some sort of reference on the client side to avoid clashing identifiers in future creation.

Could this field become either auto-incrementing or a String type (e.g. UUID)? Either one removes the need to keep track of the identifier state in the clients.

Thanks,
Isaac

Hi Isaac,

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Isaac Whitfield <iw@...> wrote:
Is it possible that this field requirement could be removed in favour of auto-incrementing identifiers?

Sorry for the confusion. The group_id parameter on /createsubgroup refers to the ID of the parent group of your to-be-created sub group, not the sub group you are creating. Perhaps I should change that parameter name to parent_group_id?

Isaac Whitfield <iw@...>

Hi Mark,

Actually, re-reading the documentation this makes perfect sense and is even pointed out. Not entirely sure how I missed it. I think the existing parameter name is fine and I just need to read slower!

Thank you for the quick response,
Isaac