Topics

API for database access

Andrew Theaker <andrew@...>

Hi,

We are currently thinking about upgrading our group to premium and I'm trying to understand what benefits we could get from the API access.

The document is not really clear on access to a groups databases. We have a catalogue of all board games we own. It would be great if I could access this via API and render it in a nice view. I was thinking we could also create a database to tracking our results from events (wins/losses/attendance etc) and extract this information for compiling stats in graphs etc. Ideally I'd like to implement these things through a javascript front-end and just query the API as required.

Would these be possible with the current version of the API?

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 4:32 PM Andrew Theaker <andrew@...> wrote:

The document is not really clear on access to a groups databases. We have a catalogue of all board games we own. It would be great if I could access this via API and render it in a nice view. I was thinking we could also create a database to tracking our results from events (wins/losses/attendance etc) and extract this information for compiling stats in graphs etc. Ideally I'd like to implement these things through a javascript front-end and just query the API as required.

Currently there is no API access to a group's databases. That is on the TODO list, but I don't have a timeframe for when it will happen.

Thanks,
MarkĀ

Andrew Theaker <andrew@...>

Hi Mark, thanks for the quick reply. Is it the same for Events?

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 8:59 PM Andrew Theaker <andrew@...> wrote:
Hi Mark, thanks for the quick reply. Is it the same for Events?
_._,_._,_
Right now, yes.

Thanks,
MarkĀ