Topics

#api #api

Matt Dorn

Hi, I'd like to add a user to my group via the /directadd API, but have their status be set to "sub_status_pending" so that an administrator has to approve them from the pending state.  Is this possible?  Any workarounds if not?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:45 PM Matt Dorn <matt.dorn@...> wrote:
Hi, I'd like to add a user to my group via the /directadd API, but have their status be set to "sub_status_pending" so that an administrator has to approve them from the pending state.  Is this possible?  Any workarounds if not?
_._,_._,_

It's not currently possible, and I can't think of any workarounds off-hand. Can you give me some more information on what you're trying to accomplish?

Matt Dorn

Thanks Mark -- what I'd like to accomplish is to allow a user to request access to my group through my website without having to go to Groups.io to do so, but then to have that user go through the normal invitation workflow where an administrator approves them in Groups.io before they have access to the Group.

Not urgent, I can think of some ways to work around it on the side of my website, but it would be nice to be able to accomplish this with a single API call to Groups.io.