Topics

Getting archives from group-specific domains

valcos

Edited

Hi all,

Following the doc, I can easily download archives on the groups.io domain. However, it's not clear to me how to do it when a group has its own domain (e.g., https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-users).
What is the API URL/endpoint I have to use to get these archives?

Thanks,
Valerio

valcos

I see that in the Authentication API section you can pass the parameter "domain" to get a token for that specific domain. I got a token with:

curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/login" -u 123456: -d "email=valcos@...&password=xxx&domain=lists.onap.org"

However, if I call the API endpoint: https://api.groups.io/v1/downloarchives with a group name included in the domain "lists.onap.org", I got a HTTP 400 request error. I have also tried to include the domain attribute to the downloadarchive request with no success.

How can I download archives in domains different from groups.io via the API?

valcos

Actually the fact that an organization has its own domain is not a problem, if you pass the group_id to the endpoint downloadarchives (note that the attribute view_archives has to be enabled in that group permissions). The procedure to download an archive is the following:

  • curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/login" -u 123456: -d "email=xxx@xxx&password=yyy&domain=zzz" (the domain param is not mandatory)
  • curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/downloadarchives?group_id=1" -u your-token
The problem I'm having now is how to download the archives if I have only the group_name (and not the group_id). The endpoint getsub, getsubs don't return the group name, and the method getgroup doesn't work if the attribute manage_group_settings is set to false.

Any hints are welcomed.

Cheers,
Valerio

Hi Valerio,

Is there any reason why you can't be subscribed to the group ahead of time? Then you could get your subscriptions, which contains the group id.

Mark

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:31 AM valcos <valcos@...> wrote:

Actually the fact that an organization has its own domain is not a problem, if you pass the group_id to the endpoint downloadarchives (note that the attribute view_archives has to be enabled in that group permissions). The procedure to download an archive is the following:

The problem I'm having now is how to download the archives if I have only the group_name (and not the group_id). The endpoint getsub, getsubs don't return the group name, and the method getgroup doesn't work if the attribute manage_group_settings is set to false.

Any hints are welcomed.

Cheers,
Valerio

valcos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for answering! I'm not sure I've understood your question. I'm going to comment below the steps I did.

- I manually subscribed to 6 groups (e.g., beta | main, beta | api, announce@..., main@...)

- I got my access token --> curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/login" -u 123456: -d "email=xxx@xxx&password=yyy"

As possible enhancements of the API:
- Is it possible to include the group_name in what is returned by the endpoint getsub?
- It would be possible to include domain as parameter of the endpoint downloadarchives, thus one could download archives using the params group_name and domain (instead of using the group_id)?

Thank you,
valerio

HI Valerio,

I just changed it so that getsub and getsubs will now return group_name. Hopefully this will let you proceed.

Cheers,
Mark

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:48 AM valcos <valcos@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thank you for answering! I'm not sure I've understood your question. I'm going to comment below the steps I did.

- I manually subscribed to 6 groups (e.g., beta | main, beta | api, announce@..., main@...)

- I got my access token --> curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/login" -u 123456: -d "email=xxx@xxx&password=yyy"

As possible enhancements of the API:
- Is it possible to include the group_name in what is returned by the endpoint getsub?
- It would be possible to include domain as parameter of the endpoint downloadarchives, thus one could download archives using the params group_name and domain (instead of using the group_id)?

Thank you,
valerio

valcos

Thank you very much Mark! This change in the API helped me a lot!

Cheers,
Valerio