Re: Getting archives from group-specific domains

valcos

Actually the fact that an organization has its own domain is not a problem, if you pass the group_id to the endpoint downloadarchives (note that the attribute view_archives has to be enabled in that group permissions). The procedure to download an archive is the following:

  • curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/login" -u 123456: -d "email=xxx@xxx&password=yyy&domain=zzz" (the domain param is not mandatory)
  • curl "https://api.groups.io/v1/downloadarchives?group_id=1" -u your-token
The problem I'm having now is how to download the archives if I have only the group_name (and not the group_id). The endpoint getsub, getsubs don't return the group name, and the method getgroup doesn't work if the attribute manage_group_settings is set to false.

Any hints are welcomed.

Cheers,
Valerio