From: api@beta.groups.io <api@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duane via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, 17 September 2020 10:52 AM
To: api@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [api] Planning to start a groups.io group - question about API access

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 07:38 PM, Monica wrote:

If we set the group discussion to be only visible to group members, then only group members can access this content by the API?

Yes, but I don't think you really need to use the API, especially for regular members.  There's a setting within the group that you can use to "Allow Members To Download Archive."  Owners (and moderators with permission) can export everything related to the group using the "Export Group Data" button on the settings page.  There's not a setting to limit what each member has access to.

Apologies if this is a newbie question: What setting options are available in the software to enact visibility to a closed group?

You, or the person responsible for setting it up, should take a look at the documentation , https://groups.io/api

Duane