Re: /login Changes

Hi Jordan,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 5:13 PM Jordan Evans <jevans@...> wrote:

I noticed that the domain parameter for the login endpoint was removed
(https://groups.io/api#login). I don't recall when that happened, but
it seemed the parameter worked until fairly recently. I have a couple
of related questions:

It was removed on May 26th as part of a fix for a bug preventing the in-development app from logging in on domains other than groups.io

1. Are we expected to auth against the actual domain now? (for
example, https://lists.onap.org/api/v1/login instead of
https://groups.io/api/v1/login?domain=lists.onap.org&...) We
previously used the domain parameter to determine if
an enterprise setup was already deployed for a given domain.
2. Does the token parameter for login currently work? It seems I still
get a cookie and the response appears unchanged.

It should all work as before except you need to log in using the domain in the URL instead of as a parameter. Nothing else changed. The token parameter should work; if it doesn't please let me know the URL you're using to log in and I'll investigate.

In terms of trying to determine if a group is set up or not, I would think that the login call wouldn't resolve since the DNS setup wouldn't be complete yet. Could you use that as an indicator?