Re: Help! I'm confused on how to migrate via the api

Ken,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:23 AM sierragamers via Groups.Io <sierragamers=kensblog.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am writing code to migrate an existing discussion board with thousands of users and posts. I need to insert all the existing messages via the API and can't do so so without having a registered user to post them under. If I post them under my userid -- then it will appear that I posted thousands of messages. And, if I post them as the users who originally wrote the messages -- they can't be posted until the user registers.

The API is not designed for that and there is no way for you to do that using the API. If you can convert the messages into an mbox format, I can import them into your group, along with your users, like we do with Yahoo groups. For that, I ask that you pre-pay for a year of premium service for your group. Contact me off list if/when you're ready to go ahead with that.

Cheers,