Re: Help! I'm confused on how to migrate via the api

sierragamers@...

In this case I was testing, so .. yes. I could use the login link. But ...

I am writing code to migrate an existing discussion board with thousands of users and posts. I need to insert all the existing messages via the API and can't do so so without having a registered user to post them under. If I post them under my userid -- then it will appear that I posted thousands of messages. And, if I post them as the users who originally wrote the messages -- they can't be posted until the user registers.

I'm at a roadblock until I figure this out.

-Ken W