Some initial questions...

James Milligan

Edited

- Where can API keys be found or generated? Since the API is still in alpha, is it just a case that they are unavailable right now?

- Are there plans to support custom fields that can only be edited by mods/owners? I see the moderator notes field, but in the future it would be good to have distinct named fields that can be referenced by calling applications (think external identifiers and so on).

In my case, with our membership system, I can invite or add a user to the group with a known email address, but if they change their email address later on in Groups.IO I lose the only 'link' I have on a technical level with our membership system. Storing their membership number against their account (which won't change) will allow me to pivot around those instead of email addresses, and remove them once their membership lapses. Which leads me onto...

- Are there plans to allow searching for members (aside from having to fetch all members and search within the results)? If custom fields are supported, I'd like to be able to search based on these as well.

On a separate but related note, one approach that could work well for getting members without searching or knowing their internal ID is through allowing reference by a hashed version of the user's email address (including aliased addresses). If a member exists that has that email address on their profile their object is returned. Mailchimp does something similar which work well enough.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

James Milligan
Need to integrate with the Groups.io API in Java? Check out the Groups.io API Java client